Friday, February 11, 2011

Puffy Pouch and a Backpack Winner

Man, was that a crazy week! I got a lot of sewing done and somehow managed to keep up with the laundry, cleaning and keeping my kids fed and cuddled.

If you love patchwork sewing you have got to check out Ayumi at the Pink Penguin. She posted this tutorial over a year ago and it immediately went on my list of things to sew. I made 2 of these babies in December. Teacher gifts. Then I made 3 more last weekend. Gifts for sister-in-laws and one for me.




Aren't these A-DORA-BLE (why does Dora infiltrate my life in every way???!!)
The grey one is mine. I love grey. Everything about grey. We just painted our master bedroom Glidden Dolphin Grey. Love it.

A couple things about the tutorial. I love it because Ayumi always uses a 1/4 inch seam allowance. The tutorial is flawless. Make sure when you sew your casing for the flex frame onto the panels there is at least a 1/4 inch on both sides. (It won't be a problem if your cutting is accurate), but you need at least 1/4 inch so you don't sew over the casing. Just make sure when you sew the panels together that you don't sew over the casing!! You may just have to do a little seam ripping... not that I'm speaking from experience ;)

Now onto the winner......
Thank-you to everyone who participated. Be sure to check back often, because I love giving!

The winner of the Holly 2D Zoo Backpack is.....

comment #15
True Random Number Generator 15 Powered by RANDOM.ORG

sarsosari said...

The backpacks are so cute!! I love the fabric!! I'm a follower :)

Please email me your info and I'll send it out to you ASAP!!
Have a great weekend everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your puffy pouches turned out really adorable! I especially love the grey one - Grey is one of my favorite color too! Thank you for the kind words too! I think you pointed out really important steps that I had forgotten to mention! Thank you, Janna! Oh and your backpacks look SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete